Ballston Lake, NY - Posted on: Thursday 10/15/15
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with and providing administrative support to the marketing department and business units throughout the United States. This position will have heavy emphasis on working with the company’s business unit managers to develop proposals and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses for various sustainability projects and programs, while managing the end-to-end marketing administration of trade shows and networking events.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Marketing Director and work closely with business unit and marketing staff. For this entry-level position, we are seeking an individual with a positive, can-do attitude, excellent writing skills, attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and a desire to learn about marketing and the sustainability industry.
- Development and production of business development support material such as qualification packages, proposals and presentations, including coordinating efforts of marketing and business unit teams.
- Write and/or edit technical documents, qualifications summaries and project approaches based on pre-existing building blocks and input from business unit.
- Maintain and update marketing materials and proposal/RFP response resources database.
- Trade show and networking event coordination.
- Development of prospective customer contact lists used in execution of marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing team on campaign execution. Projects will be varied to develop experience across a wide range of tactics and may include graphic design, photo shoots, direct mail, digital marketing, email, content creation, public relations, social media, etc.
- Coordinate uniform ordering process and website.
- Coordinate marketing materials ordering process and website.
- Answering marketing department phones, collateral organization and handling other department-related general administrative duties.
- Gather and analyze data on internal customer service at business unit level to gauge effectiveness, with a focus on continuous improvement and an end goal of maximizing marketing ROI.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, business or related major from an accredited college or university.
- Experience writing technical reports or papers. Must possess excellent writing and editing skills with an attention to detail. Writing samples will be requested.
- Demonstrable ability to provide clear, concise summaries of complex information and integrate information gathered from a variety of sources.
- Applicant must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Quick learner with a “roll up the sleeves” approach and a strong work ethic.
Talent and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with marketing software (i.e., Hubspot, PR Newswire, etc.), social media (i.e., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube) and/or Prezi a plus