Albany, New York - Posted on: Thursday 02/14/13
This Material Science Engineer position will require an in depth understanding of material science technologies related to the semiconductor industry and hands-on experience in analysis of semiconductor structures. The main focus of the position is to operate and maintain an FEI Helios 450S FIB-SEM instrument. This position will be on 2nd Shift. Atotech's partnership with CNSE focuses on the development and optimization of technologies for use in advanced device structures. The partnership provides Atotech engineers exclusive access to R&D activities with the College and its 250 global corporate partners. Together with these partners, Atotech supports the development towards sub-22 nm node technologies with contributions of engineering know-how and advanced, cost-competitive plating chemistries.
- Development of new techniques on the Helios platform to support various groups within Atotech and train other users on these techniques.
- Operate and maintain the FEI Helios instrument on a daily basis.
- Prepare samples for high resolution imaging.
- Communicate results from tests and possible new methods with R&D team members in Albany and Germany.
- Monitor performance of the instrument for quality control, communicate with the tool vendor to solve issues and keep the instrument running at maximum performance.
- Scheduling tool usage and assigning samples for all users.
- Cross train on all equipment in the sample preparation lab.
- The position requires a Master degree or Ph.D. in the field of material science or comparable related experience.
- Required is 5 years plus of industrial and/or academic experience on high resolution electron microscopes and FIB-SEM instruments.
- Experience on these instruments must include high resolution imaging, standard FIB cutting cross sections, and TEM sample preparation.
- Experience with (S)TEM, EBSD, and EDS/EDX is a great benefit.
- Proficiency in MS word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. and affinity with lab equipment.
Competitive compensation and benefits provided
Individuals who possess the Education and Experience for the position and wish to apply, should send resume and cover letter including detailed experience summary and salary expectations to: Mr. Rudd Van den Boom email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject. We are unable to respond to telephone inquiries.