Bronx, New York - Posted on: Monday 04/14/14
- Design, maintain, and amend school operational systems as needed
- Arrange and maintain all student transportation, including bus routes and metrocards, with the Office of Pupil Transportation
- Manage and assist in process food service, completing reports to the Office of School foods for the breakfast and lunch program
- Maintain day to day communication between the school, parents, the local community, DOE and other agencies overseeing charter schools
- Maintain telecommunications services, including phone blasts, messaging systems, etc.
- Attend all Board of Trustee meetings
- Prepare data analysis of Six-Week Assessments and Terra Nova scores for the review of teachers, parents, and the Board of Trustees
- Overall operations of the main office including;
- Maintain all student records- pupil personnel files including immunization, medical records, lunch forms etc.
- Draft letters and memos as needed
- Input pertinent information into Dept. Of Education ATS system
- Maintain folder for each student (health forms, test scores, anecdotal information etc.) and keep secure
- Oversee lottery and maintain waiting list and notify parents
- Handle student records in regard to registration, transfer, discharges, promotions
- Arrange school bus services including field trips
- Solid verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technology skill- Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and able to trouble shoot copier, computers, printers etc.
- Bachelors degree- High GPA in college, high school, and High SAT Scores
- English majors, researchers, and writers preferred
- Ability to multi task and manage time under limited time constraints, flexible, a multi- tasker, and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Accounting/Bookkeeping background a plus
- Bilingual- Spanish preferred
- Strong written communication skills, able to compose own letters and translate to Spanish