Rochester, New York - Posted on: Friday 11/08/13
Under the direction of the VP, Medicaid and Safety Net Programs: Work with internal provider relations and network staff to identify areas for network development and increased
enrollment. Routinely visit provider offices to educate, learn of problems, and relay problems to Provider Relations. Conduct outreach activities in assigned counties designed to attract and retain MVP Option, MVP
Option Child and MVP Option Family members. Initiate and/or assist the product’s public relations efforts by participating in health fairs, educational group meetings, community/neighborhood association meetings and/or
other events. Conduct educational presentations in the community to Medicaid eligibles and community service organizations (e.g., Head Start, DSS Caseworkers, ABC) regarding MVP Option, MVP Option Child and MVP
Option Family, Exchanges, benefits, and policies and procedures, such as appropriate use of emergency room, Little Footprints and Case Management. Supply key provider offices and significant community organizations
with MVP Option, MVP Option Child and MVP Option Family outreach materials on an ongoing basis. Provide fair and impartial information to consumers regarding coverage available through the Exchanges and help facilitate
consumer enrollment in QHPs and insurance affordability programs, as permitted by state. Provide in-person assistance to those applying for health insurance coverage at the time of initial application and at annual renewal.
Explain requirements and documentation necessary to complete the application process. Interview, screen and enroll potentially eligible recipients into Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus and Medicaid. Assist applicants
with choosing a managed care plan and primary care physician. Attend MVP sponsored Certified Application Counselor training, obtain CAC certification and regularly scheduled in house training on application qualification
or programmatic changes. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of applications in compliance with New York State regulations and MVP enrollment guidelines and requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: HS Diploma, Associates or BA Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3+ years of sales experience or experience in a managed care setting or community
agency working with Medicaid, Familiar with the programs and needs of the population. Health care insurance or HMO sales experience desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of or experience with public assistance/Medicaid systems.
- Must be able to develop and deliver presentations to targeted audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, e.g., sales presentations.
- Must be self-directed, confident and sensitive to the needs of Medicaid-eligible populations, and capable of relating to DSS personnel and to providers.
- Must obtain NYS Certified Application Counselor certification within 90 days from date of hire.
- Demonstrate mastery of skills required to be a facilitated enroller on behalf of county Departments of Social Services and New York State Department of Health.
- A high level of personal integrity and the ability to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times, both internally and externally is a must.
- Fluency in Spanish highly desirable.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and access to vehicle for travel within assigned sales territory.
- Knowledge of Word for Windows desired and basic data entry/typing skills. Knowledge of PowerPoint helpful.