New York, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 08/13/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Developer who will provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system (CITYTIME).
Primary Responsibilities include: Perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime that includes: activity and payroll processing; time sheet, roster, status, and roll-call functionality; employee profile, leave balance, work schedule and self-care service. Work will involve PL/SQL development, tuning and SQL package development and maintenance.
Technical skills include: PL/SQL scripting, SQL tuning, data export/import, Excel VB/SQL development, Oracle streams, custom ETL development, Perl scripting.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or 2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or 3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or 4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above. Qualification Requirements (continued) NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles. Preferred Skills
- 5 + years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle 11g/10g, Shell scripting, Perl is desirable.
- Experience in Excel / VBA development.
- Responsible for creating tables, perform DDL changes, complex data migration using SQL & PLSQL to facilitate seamless application development.
- Apt at writing Oracle Functions, procedures, packages & trigger.
- Experience with ETL and data integration, Data quality.
- Experience in Database Performance tuning and SQL Query Tuning and Optimization.
- Experience with all aspects of the data modeling life cycle (business/conceptual/logical/physical).
- Experience with Oracle Streams.
- DBA skills are a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with HA and clustered deployment topologies, integration technologies.
- Have strong written, verbal, and Interpersonal, communication skills. - Good Task and Time Management skills.