Troy, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/31/14
Paper Battery Company is seeking an electro-mechanical skilled technician to work in a battery/ ultracapacitor lab. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks from running high volume production equipment for pilot production to working in a glove-box environment in support of research and development. The selected candidate will have experience with operating and maintaining production process equipment, building and verifying small to medium scale test equipment and fixtures and experience in collecting and monitoring equipment qualification and performance data. Screen- printing experience for electronics industry a plus.
- Must operate a wide variety of lab equipment and perform necessary debugging to keep equipment performing as per requirement.
- Perform basic laboratory procedures for formulating inks, preparing machines and materials each day, forming standard operating procedure manuals.
- Conduct a variety of characterization tests on materials and devices using oscilloscopes, tensile testers.
- Maintain a database of experimental results, build trials, assembly data, machine logs.
- Handling chemicals with established knowledge of basic laboratory safety procedures, working in a chemistry fume hood, glove box.
- Able to work in a diverse work environment, multi-tasking - ability to switch priorities and roles in the lab.
- Must have good communication skills, use of Microsoft Excel, Word and other standard software
- Pay commensurate with experience – top dollar paid for right candidate…
Preferred experience – at least 10 years of experience in an industrial or academic laboratory. Demonstrable proficiency in English