Schenectady, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 11/03/15
The Product Manager acts as an entrepreneur, strategist, technical visionary, cross-functional team leader, and customer advocate. A product manager has two primary responsibilities: (1) defining the new product/solution to be built; and (2) managing its development, launch, and ongoing improvement. To fulfill these responsibilities, a Product Manager leads a cross-functional team of development professionals and subject matter experts. Typically, however, none of the team members report directly to the Product Manager. A Product Manager influences the actions of diverse cross-functional teams acting as a "General Manager" for their scope of the business. The Product Manager will facilitate interactive group discussions, collect requirements and negotiate tradeoffs with customers and manage expectations. Articulate a product vision and identify customer benefits, both internal and external. Manage the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical execution activities. Author clear software/solution requirements related to market needs, customer needs (internal and external) and solution needs. Collaborate with development staff and customers to collect business requirements and write detailed specifications for development including: End user process flows (As-Is and To-Be Experience), Technical application workflows, Functional and system requirements, Use-case scenarios and stories. Define and manage product/solution roadmaps across development, professional services and support teams. Create business case and get additional funding for investing in the product vision. Work in an agile environment with the ability to break down feature/functionality into bite-sized stories and tasks. Provide support to customers and education on initial implementations and training classes if necessary. Identification of dependencies on other applications or data sources. Provides support to business users to diagnose problems, clarify and document solutions, and advise on solution use. Assists with facilitation of understanding requests/initiatives requested from Business Partners to enable estimation. Confers with manager on problems and symptoms. Confers with manager on status of work assignments, as well as problems and symptoms of business operational support related issues. Executes work assignments in accordance with all MVP & Department Policies and Procedures. Accurately tracks and logs actual hours worked against appropriate tasks. Fosters communication and re-use across team and department. May develop/modify core processes working with other team members. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to regulatory compliance issues as they exist and change from time to time. Performs other related duties as assigned.
At least 2 years’ experience in Product Management/Software Development
Experience/knowledge with agile development process is a plus
Specific knowledge of a product/solution lifecycle preferred
Health insurance or industry related experience, highly preferred
Medical Terminology knowledge, highly preferred
• Must possess strong analytical skills with a focus on meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
• Ability to negotiate
• Must be a self-motivated individual who needs little supervision and has ability to perform under pressure.
• Exhibits logical thinking abilities, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented with demonstrated communication skills. Ability to express complex business concepts in technical/functional terms via presentation, written and oral format.
• Passionate about great products/solutions and ease of use.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with attention to details and deadlines in a high volume environment.
• Proven ability to build relationships with business and technical partners to improve customer service and continuously improve project delivery
• Expected to be available for off-hour support activities, as well as working additional time to meet project deadlines when necessary
• Readiness to travel if necessary
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://swp.mvphealthcare.com.
MVP Health Care is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran