Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina - Posted on: Monday 03/10/14
The mission of the Furman University David E. Shi Center for Sustainability is to promote interdisciplinary research and teaching in support of sustainability on campus and in the greater community. The Program Coordinator oversees the Center’s student, faculty, and community programs and seeks out partnerships for research and development opportunities as part of the Center’s strategic vision. The position serves as the primary point of contact for Center student co-curricular programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Dynamic, team-oriented person who desires to innovatively contribute to education about sustainability.
- Experience with constituent outreach (e.g., programming, events, communications).
- Organizational and managerial skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others representing a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Ability to manage and flourish in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to create high quality written and verbal communications.
- Experience in the use of office software, including website development, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to plan and orchestrate public outreach efforts and events designed to increase campus and community involvement and generate donations of time, materials, and financial resources.
- Desire to engage innovative and strategic partnerships and programs in a dynamic academic field.
- Attention to detail and flexibility to assist Supervisor as needs arise.
- Master’s degree in related sustainability field.
- 1 or more years of experience in related field.
- Experience with research design, assessment, curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Experience within higher education administration.