Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 12/17/14
Under the direction of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) Program Director, the Project Coordinator Enterprise Architect leads the creation and/or evolution of the enterprise architecture function/program, including coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architectures. The incumbent is responsible for the alignment of business and IT strategy in accordance with the Office of Information Technology Services’ (ITS) mission and vision for IES, ensuring that IT solutions align with the enterprise architecture and meet business needs. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate with the Technical Lead to guide technical decisions and monitor projects across the enterprise.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers and technologies and develop strategic enterprise architecture requirements and solutions to solve business challenges.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the enterprise, develop enterprise architecture governance structure based on business and IT strategies, and oversee enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Monitor adherence of project process and outputs against those standards. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that technology decisions and system designs align with the overall Enterprise Architecture framework.
- Lead enterprise-wide design, research, testing and evaluation of new technologies, and provide expert advice for platform and product evaluation and selection.
- Liaison with New York State Chief Technology Officer for alignment with enterprise IT strategy.
- Liaison with business/program stakeholders for the business architecture and strategy.
- Implement and maintain the infrastructure to support new technologies, in alignment and close partnership with ITS.
Minimum Qualifications Ten years of experience of IT and business/industry work experience, including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations, with three years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a relevant area may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis. A Master’s or higher-level degree may be substituted for an additional year of experience.
- Demonstrated experience defining enterprise wide architectures and designs across multiple IT functional areas.
- Experience working on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor junior architecture staff.
- Knowledge and experience with Enterprise Architecture standards such as TOGAF, and EA methodologies and tools.
- Strong understanding of federal guidance including the National Human Services Interoperability Architecture (NHSIA), Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), and the Exchange Reference Architecture (ERA).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as evidenced by the ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives as well as the ability to concisely illustrate concepts in words and diagrams.
- Demonstrated ability to build valuable relationship with both business and IT stakeholders.
- Experience working with IES in-scope program rules (MA, SNAP, TA, HEAP, Child Care, WIC, Foster Care, etc.).
- Understanding of existing HHS program delivery business processes at the local districts.
Additional Comments This position is pending Civil Service, Civil Service Commission and DOB approval and will be located in Albany or NYC; details to be discussed at the interview.
Background check and fingerprinting are required.
Cover Letters and Resumes may also be sent to:
NYS Office for Technology
Empire State Plaza,
Swan St. Building, Core 4
P.O. Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Weaver indicating that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #80005. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.