Albany, New York - Posted on: Monday 09/16/13
- Provide support to project team per the direction of the Project Manager in executing team projects. This includes but is not limited to: drawing and bills of material review, physical layout of package
unit, new component research, verification of design calculations, etc..
- Issue the order book and continue updating throughout the execution of the project.
- Reviews the order book and coordinates with Marketing/Contracts to define and/or clarify detailed scope of supply.
- Provide detailed purchase specifications for major components such as drivers, coolers, pumps, couplings, blow off valves, inlet guide valves, blow off silencers, inlet valves, inlet filters, flow meters, expansion joints, process isolation valves, separators, sound insulation jackets.
- Monitor the engineering schedule, job cost and component cost and advise Project Manager of areas of concern.
- Coordinate with project team to provide customer’s required drawings and documentation within the agreed contract schedule.
- Review the test specification supplied by the test engineer and issue a test specification to manufacturing.
- Assist in providing customer’s required drawings and documentation within the agreed contract schedule.
- Provide documentation and instructions for Instruction and Operating Manual and coordinate with Manuals department for organizing the manual.
- Assure that the project has been reviewed, properly checked and all procedures are followed before the release of projects to manufacturing.
- Maintain accurate, accessible project records, which conform to company quality procedures.
- To comply with Safety Rules, Regulations and OSHA Requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a B. S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited college or university or at least three years experience in design and project engineering activities.
To apply: Complete online application through the Apply Now link at http://www.westaff.com/westaff/main.cfm?nlvl1=1 specify this position title in the "Type of Work Desired" field; and contact Kevin Murphy, Recruiter at KMurphy@westaff.com