Schenectady or Rochester, New York - Posted on: Friday 11/08/13
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Strategic Project Management Office: Accountable for leading and managing successful implementations of large-scale, enterprise-wide corporate and IT
projects, driving the realization of the company’s corporate strategic goals through project delivery and execution to meet needs and expectations of MVP customers and business partners. Meets project goals and objectives, delivering projects
to a high degree of business value and customer satisfaction. Ensures projects are delivered within required standard constraints: scope/deliverables, schedule, cost, quality, and resources. Adheres to project management methodologies
with strong focus on operating in a cost effective and efficient manner. Builds and maintains successful relationships in matrixed environment. Ensures appropriate level of project stakeholder ownership and involvement, and removes
barriers to enable successful project implementations. Span of control will include managing several enterprise-wide corporate and IT projects simultaneously. Some overnight travel required. Performs other duties as assigned.
Sr. PM level – In addition to the above, assists Strategic Project Management Office in building project manager core competencies via mentoring and training of industry best practices. Oversees multiple large-scale, complex projects
supporting wide assortment of technologies and business processes. Demonstrates competency in advanced soft skills (presentation, meeting facilitation, negotiating, influencing).
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices in project management methodologies and process-based project management.
- Strong project leadership skills, with demonstrated success in leading and executing large complex projects.-
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, building effective teams, meeting facilitation and conflict management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under time constraints.
- Possesses a strong sense of accountability and urgency in delivering projects and completing assignments.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.