Albany, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 03/11/14
- Assist with personnel, recruitment, and search processes: establish new searches in database and on SharePoint for search committee use; enter applications/resumes in timely manner into each search; generate correspondence to applicants; prepare reports for search chairs and senior staff; respond to applicant inquiries via email or telephone; set-up interview schedules as needed; close-out completed searches; prepare new hire paperwork and orientation packets; meet with new hires to complete payroll paperwork and provide initial orientation
- Compile budget data, prepare, review and monitor purchase requisitions, travel advances and travel reconciliations; set-up and provide support for training and other organizational events; assist with coordination of project team staff activities and meetings; make conference and travel arrangements; research and prepare correspondence, reports, and project materials of a complex and confidential nature; communicate with sponsors, internal project departments, Research Foundation and University offices, vendors, and the public
- Compile, submit, and track project proposals, quarterly reports, and other reports as needed; assist with the preparation, submission, and tracking of human resources, finance, and project support-related forms and reports; provide support for the development of labor distribution and change forms
- Maintain and update various Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access databases to support project needs; create new spreadsheets and/or reports as required
- Assist in the management and submission of time and attendance reports for all project staff; maintain all attendance records; follow-up with staff and supervisors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in business
administration, accounting, social sciences, or a related field.
2. Three to four years of progressively responsible experience in an office or other appropriate setting.
3. Strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality and modeling professionalism.
4. Excellent ability to demonstrate initiative and work both independently and as part of a team with minimal task by task supervision.
5. Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to both internal and external constituents.
6. Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
7. Demonstrated strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
8. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience and strong commitment to accuracy in working with databases, spreadsheets, and electronic
files, performing data entry, using and developing templates, setting up and completing mail merges, preparing and running reports, and preparing
forms and correspondence.
9. Demonstrated excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to
1. Familiarity or experience with Research Foundation for SUNY policies, procedures, and systems.
2. Familiarity or experience with workforce training and education programs.
3. Knowledge of New York State agencies and the public workforce.
4. Experience with Microsoft Power Point and SharePoint.