New York, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/31/14
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a QTP Automation Script Developer Lead to support the system testing of the HR, Benefits, and Payroll functions of the New York City Automated Personnel (NYCAPS) and Payroll (PMS PPMS) Systems, Under the direction of the Test Manager, the Automation Script Developer will design, develop and maintain high-quality data-driven modular test scripts in HP Quick Test Professional to ensure delivery of quality functionality for PeopleSoft HRMS customizations and mainframe changes, Must possess necessary descriptive programming expertise to work on new projects independently. Develop and manage automated test cases, test scripts and test plans for system, functional, regression, smoke & integration testing. This position will work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Lead, Business Analysts, Developers and key business partners to system test and implement product initiatives to support production, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize team tasks to meet project deadlines.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- 8+yrs experience developing scripts using descriptive programming in HP QTP.
- 8+yrs experience developing advanced functions using programming languages such as JAVA or VB Script.
- Expertise in developing custom hands-on QTP Library (ability to script well thought-out functions).
- Advanced knowledge of Automation Framework (Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid etc.).
- Reviewing QTP scripts to identify and correct semantic errors.
- Expertise in integrating QTP scripts with QC.
- Ability to develop error handling and recovery scenarios.
- Identify, debug and clearly articulate software defects.
- Strong SQL and DB2 knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and very detailed oriented).
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.