New York, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 06/03/15
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a QTP Automation Script Developer to support ongoing production maintenance and functional enhancement to support various Citywide HR/Payrol1 applications including Timekeeping (CityTime), PeopleSoft HRMS for the New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), Payroll Management System (PMS), Retiree Payroll Management System (PPMS) and City Human Resource Management System (CHRMS). Under the direction of the Test Lead, the Automation Script Developer will design, develop and maintain high-quality data-driven modular test scripts in HP Quick Test Professional to ensure delivery of quality functionality for PeopleSoft HRMS customizations. Must possess necessary descriptive programming expertise to work on new projects independently. Develop and manage automated test cases, test scripts and test plans for system, functional, regression, smoke & integration testing.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification requirements.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
• Extensive experience developing scripts using descriptive programming in HP QTP
• Extensive experience developing advanced functions using programming languages such as JAVA or VBScript
• Expertise in developing custom hands-on QTP Library (ability to script well thought-out functions)
• Knowledge of Automation Framework (Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid etc.)
• Reviewing QTP scripts to identify issues and improve design
• Expertise in integrating QTP scripts with QC
• Ability to develop error handling and recovery scenarios
• Identity, debug and clearly articulate software defects
• Strong SQL knowledge
• DB2 a plus
• JAVA a plus
• Ability to convert scripts written on RFT platform to QTP
• Experience testing PeopleSoft 8.x configuration, new functionality, patches, fixes and upgrades
• Experience creating testing deliverables that include Test Strategies, Test Cases and Test Scripts
• Functional knowledge of HR Benefits and payroll administration processes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and very detailed oriented)
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $ 87,203
INCUMBENT RATE: $100,284
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 195918. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.