East Greenbush, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 11/12/13
- Take full responsibility of regional sales pipeline in CRM database, ensuring that all leads and opportunities are reflected properly so that they can be completely managed
through the selling process. Track sales activities and collecting market intelligence for the assigned territory. Track demonstration and quotation activities and analyzing trends
and sales effectiveness.
- Developing and securing broad acceptance of company’s line of on-line elemental analysis opportunities of crude, water and process streams. This includes extensive
direct interaction with third party test labs, distribution centers, importers, refiners, and their related engineering partners in identifying their process elemental analysis in crude
and effluent streams.
- Educating the market on company’s capabilities and products through direct customer visits, demonstrations, industry and account seminars and presentations.
- Building technology credibility and managing product introduction from early adopters to broad industry acceptance of company’s process elemental analysis solutions.
- Building and maintaining high visibility with key accounts and establishing relationships with key employees at these accounts by providing technical expertise and broad sales
- Collecting and assembling market intelligence, as well as customer requirements and expectations, and developing a deep understanding of the applications.
- Refining and expanding the company’s product offering for on-line elemental analysis requirement. Involving and interacting regularly with the company’s engineering and
technical support staff to respond to market needs.
- Regularly generating sales forecasts based on sales pipeline activities and account insights.
- Providing direction to sales reps and distributors as necessary.
- Educating sales channels on new products, and their features and benefits.
- Science or engineering degree, or equivalent, from an accredited college or university.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience with proven record of success in a technical sales or support role in a high tech, fast-paced environment; experience in the analytical instrumentation arena is a plus
- A thorough understanding of petroleum refining processes and related hardware and engineering environments is a must.
- “Road Warrior” mentality is highly preferred: Frequent travel (upwards of 90%) to various parts of North America is expected.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work on cross functional teams, or individually.
- Strong computer skills
- Prior project management experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated technical acumen coupled with a sales and marketing focus
- Detail oriented
- Location is negotiable; should be based near a major US airport