Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 11/03/14
Works closely with the physician in providing medical services in the examination and care of school children and staff; does related work as required. These duties involve responsibility for assisting the physician in
providing medical services to school children. Incumbent in this class provides emergency first aid for the
staff and students. The work is performed under the supervision of the higher level administrator.
- Provides emergency first aide services for the students and staff.
- Is responsible for scheduling and performing vision, hearing screenings, and scoliosis checks.
- Consults with parents and physicians and dispenses medications as prescribed by the physician.
- Assists students in the administration of inhalation therapy and insulin injections as prescribed.
- Assists the school physician in performing class screening and interscholastic athletics physical examinations
- Submits accident reports on students and employees and provides follow-up with parents and/or employees.
- Participates as a member of management team of professionals addressing the issues of health and safety as they relate to students and staff.
- Assists the faculty and staff with the reporting of sexual and physical abuse cases.
- Serves on various student and management teams representing the medical profession with concerns for health and safety.
- Prepares the health office budget and maintains an inventory of supplies.
- Keeps and maintains complete and accurate health records.
Graduation from a school of nursing approved by the New York State Education Department from a
course approved by such Department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
Eligibility for a license issued by the State of New York to practice as a Registered Professional
Nurse. Possession of the license at the time of appointment. Eligibility for and possession of a
CPR Certification at the time of appointment.
Application Deadline: November 17th, 2014