Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 10/02/15
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position within PDP’s Department of Child Welfare.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for experienced Caseworkers and Supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies. Duties include, but are not limited to: deliver training on the project’s statewide, eight-day Core Essential Skills for Experienced Caseworkers course for caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies; develop and deliver individualized training, consultation, and support needed for caseworkers in local district and provider agencies to meet emerging needs; conduct pre- and post-training conferences, needs assessment, and follow-up with participants and/or agency contact as required; assist with the revision of training materials as needed; prepare and complete reports as requested and perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field;
2. Three years’ experience in development and delivery of child welfare services and programs in NYS;
3. Experience in the delivery of instructional programs for adults and providing consultation;
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
5. Knowledge of adult education theory;
6. Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills;
7. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with a culturally diverse groups of people;
8. Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
9. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
10. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs;
11. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena; and
12. Candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in child welfare services/child protective services;
2. Experience providing supervision in child welfare services;
3. Experience in the development and delivery of outcome-based training curricula;
4. Experience in curriculum development; and
5. Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Salary is expected to be mid $50’s.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply go to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=64071 Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.