Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 12/16/15
Budget Title: Senior Education Specialist Posting No: R15-59
Descriptive Title: Senior Education Specialist Grade: E.79
Department: Professional Development Program Reports to: Manager or their Designee
Salary Range: Low to Mid $50’s FLSA Status: Exempt
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to
performing high-quality work to fill a full time Senior Education Specialist position located in Albany, NY. As a member of the Child Support Training and
Outreach Project team develop and deliver child support training and related activities in the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance’s (OTDA)
Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE). Assumes leadership role as needed.
Description of Duties:
Develop and deliver training and performance-support activities for an audience of 2,500 caseworkers located in county offices throughout NYS
via distance- or classroom-based delivery systems.
Applies knowledge of adult learning principles when designing courses; follows sound instructional design process when developing or revising
course offerings; determines most suitable training delivery method based on desired outcomes, available resources and ability to meet the needs of
a geographically dispersed audience.
Designs and oversees development of courses from concept to completion; gathers and analyzes needs assessment data; develops objectives,
prepares sequence and pace of events, creates storyboards, plans and develops activities, writes content and scripts, and prepares related materials.
Develops presentation materials that most effectively support training delivery such as trainer notes, guides and scripts, media, visual displays, or
other training aids; develops participant handouts and other support materials.
Designs and conducts effective evaluation components for project activities; analyzes results and uses in revising current or developing new
Collaborates with other project, DCSE program and local district child support staff as needed to complete project activities; acquires subject
matter expertise in NYS’s child support policies and procedures, regulations and data management systems; acquires knowledge of procedures and
practices that are implemented at the local level in support of state rules and regulations.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2) Minimum of four years’ professional experience preferably in design, development, and delivery of adult training programs.
3) Experience developing curricula and delivering training in a classroom setting; proficiency in instructional design process and knowledge
of adult learning principles.
4) Excellent presentation and writing skills. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with other staff on
collaborative curriculum development projects; ability to lead various work groups on related activities.
5) Computer proficiency with electronic mail, calendar, document sharing, document templates and presentation tools preferably MS
Outlook, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
6) Ability to manage time effectively (handle multiple priorities/competing deadlines); adaptable—willing to learn and grow with needs of
the project and PDP.
7) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
8) Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
9) This position involves variable days and work hours, and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings year-round to
areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2) Experience with developing and delivering training using emerging synchronous and asynchronous training delivery methods.
3) Experience with child support or other NYS social service/public welfare programs.
4) Proficiency with other computer tools including learning management systems, web-based training or development/delivery/design tools such as
iLinc, Lectora, Camtasia, GoToWebinar.
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers
sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low to mid $50’s. Persons interested in the above position should
submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a cover letter that explains your ability and interest in meeting the requirements of this
position. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.