Albany, New York - Posted on: Thursday 04/03/14
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking an experienced programmer to maintain and enhance learning web sites and related applications. Knowledge of current best practice in web development a must.
1) Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE recognized
2) A portfolio of projects that illustrates the following:
- Minimum of five years experience in web design and development using industry standard tools, including HTML (XHTML
and HTML5), XML and CSS.
- Experience with responsive web design techniques on client-side and server-side
- Experience developing in Sass/SCSS
- Experience optimizing audio and video for the web
- Experience developing HTML in different languages (including Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian)
- Thorough understanding of accessibility standards for the web.
3) Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
4) Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet posted deadlines.
5) Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
6) Ability to handle multiple projects.
7) Excellent writing and verbal skills.
1) Ability to administer IIS-based servers
2) Experienced programming in Classic ASP
3) Familiarity with Google Analytics and generating custom reports
4) Experience creating accessible and web-optimized PDF files