Albany, New York - Posted on: Thursday 08/21/14
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks service-minded applicants who are committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Programmer Analyst Project Leader vacancy. Under the direction of the Information Systems Manager, the Senior Programmer Analyst Project Leader is responsible for overseeing database design, development, programming, and ongoing maintenance for all Professional Development Program systems projects. The incumbent will design, code, test, debug, and document programs and will provide mentoring, supervision, and review for the work of other systems analysis/programming staff.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst Project Leader will interface with sponsor staff and in-house users and will conduct needs assessments and systems analysis to support contract activities.
Description of Duties:
Incumbent is responsible for analyzing, recommending, developing, and overseeing the implementation of effective systems solutions to meet contract deliverables for programs such as EIP scholarship administration, program registration, the training organization portal, and all other project and project-support PDP databases. The Senior programmer/Analyst Project Leader has full technical knowledge of all phases of systems analysis and programming, including but not limited to coding application components, developing queries and reports, designing and creating data-driven web page interfaces with production databases, and ensuring appropriate database security and product quality. Incumbent supervises the work of other programming staff.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Computer Science or other related field.
2. Eight to ten years’ experience programming using languages including but not limited to Visual Basic, .NET, Microsoft Access, C++ and C#.
3. Eight to ten years’ experience developing relational databases in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using TSQL.
4. Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles.
5. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, understand and incorporate complex project rules into system requirements.
6. Experience with database tuning and performance optimization.
7. Three or more years of supervisory experience and project management experience.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills.
9. Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
10. Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft products including SharePoint 2010.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.