Schenectady, NY - Posted on: Thursday 01/14/16
TransTech Systems (http://www.transtechsys.com), develops innovative and robust instrumentation solutions for the construction industry. Utilizing their innovative design of flexible and precise impedance‐based measurement technology, the company continues to successfully penetrate the construction and paving market for both soil and asphalt applications. Founded in 1994, the company employs over 20 people within its Upstate, NY manufacturing headquarters. TransTech has continually sought out partnerships with manufacturers, government agencies, universities, and construction contractors to evaluate new technologies and applications and as a result of these efforts; the company has begun development of 3 new product lines for the construction industry
The Schenectady, NY operation is located within Tech Valley, a 19‐county region of eastern New York State that spans from south of Montreal to north of New York City. Within the heart of Tech Valley is the Capital District, an area continually receiving high marks for quality of life and cost of living. Tech Valley is home to a growing number of innovative companies in fields such as nanotechnology, semiconductor, alternative energy and biotechnology. The region has established itself as a hotbed for the growth of global technology companies
Reporting to the COO, our candidate of choice will implement embedded software solutions for next generation new product introductions and existing designs in support of non‐nuclear soil density and asphalt gauges. Our ideal candidate will ensure that all software engineering, procedures and technologies are to best of class standards and will provide knowledge expertise and direction regarding algorithm implementation, code optimization and GUI development in support of both our portal and product technologies.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for effectively communicating progress, updates and issues to relevant internal customers throughout the organization on a regular basis. The effectiveness of this professional will largely be measured by their ability to quickly and effectively assimilate into the organization, while concurrently evaluating the current technical needs and software solutions that TransTech currently offers. Addressing technical challenges with an entrepreneurial approach, this professional will be highly self motivated and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact as a successful engineer who achieves results through clear project definition, well articulated design approaches and effective communication.
• Identify/select/create appropriate software and the database/cloud solutions that will collect, store, retrieve and analyze time‐series data from existing and next generation soil and asphalt instrumentation gauges deployed globally.
• Maintain PHP based web Calibration and RMA portal with multiple levels of data accessibility to accommodate TransTech internal and external customers.
• Plan, develop and program the software, creating models and flowcharts detailing how the code is to be written.
• Write and debug product‐based software by identifying, testing, and resolving errors. Collaborate with electrical engineering resources to develop firmware to be embedded in microprocessors or controllers.
• Develop applications and complex user interfaces for use with tablets or embedded devices.
• Responsible for the country specific localization of code when product changes are made.
• Provide the software support for existing product gauges (WinCE) deployed in field.
• Consistently evaluate systems, configurations, processes and procedures, and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications. Research and stay abreast on current industry trends, updates, design approaches, new design tools, hardware, software and bug fixes to ensure the software infrastructure can grow with the business.
• Contribute to future technology innovation as it relates to the software of new products and offerings.
The Software Engineer must be highly self directed, detail driven, organized, and be excited about creating high quality instrumentation products within a vibrant, motivated, and dynamic team. This individual must be technically proficient, with the ability to manage and prioritize parallel tasks effectively. He/She must be capable of offering creative and practical solutions to complex technical problems and communicating those solutions to non‐technical personnel.
Specific qualifications include:
• Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years experience with demonstrated knowledge and skills with various programming languages and cross platform experience that might include: C# for WinCE, C, C++, PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Linux, Android, Mac. Experience within manufacturing environment preferred; Embedded development exposure important.
• Experience in the initial evaluation and architecture of a comprehensive application or system interface and the subsequent programming, testing, and implementation is highly desirable.
• Strong problem‐solving skills and demonstrated intellectual creativity to analyze and articulate unique technical problems.
• Detail oriented and organized documentation skills of program designs, applications or system interfaces.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline and relevant programming experience is required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Ethan Bain, Senior Search Associate at ethanb@capstone‐inc.com