New York, New York - Posted on: Thursday 02/21/13
The primary role of the Sr. FMS Reporting and Business Intelligence Architect is to:
- Identify end user data access and reporting needs and help business users towards defining detail requirements.
- Analyze data and reporting requirements to recommend and design solutions through the creation of appropriate database structures, reports and query structures.
- Gain proficiency with FISA and FMS application data models and data dependencies to provide the best possible assistance to business users and owners in their data access needs.
- Design and develop new reporting structures, BO universes, reports and queries to support the business data access needs of the FMS project as well as FISA and city agency personnel.
- Adopt creative approach methodology in troubleshooting BO & data issues, assist end user queries in a timely manner, proactively address and appraise management of any reporting related technical issues.
- Review and identify any pitfalls in the data integrity and schema designing issues, and suggest improvements over any existing designs.
- Review technical designs for FMS BO reporting solutions, identify and be able to remedy any design related issues independently come up with better design strategies and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with larger groups and diversified teams as necessary, should be extremely comfortable working in a large information technology environment, and be capable of independently building partnerships with diversified business and technical teams.
- Some understanding of the Data Warehousing Architecture is required, in order to troubleshoot and recommend appropriate design improvements, should be capable of redesigning the business data structure and relational models.
- Very strong Business Objects reporting background in designing & developing complex Reports and Universes is a must. Major emphasis is laid on Business intelligence \ reporting areas and subject matter understanding of business and its data.
- Collaborate with vendor query and reporting team to assure that requirements and timelines are met. As a party responsible for the design, creation and review of reporting strategies, the Sr. FMS Reporting and Business Intelligence Architect will participate in the design, development testing and implementation of reporting structures required to support end users of the FMS project systems.
- Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for interacting with FISA's development Vendors from a oversight perspective, as well as interacting with different levels throughout the organization: developers, architects, business analysts and business owners.
- Develop and maintain reporting structures including data structures, Business Objects Universes and related structures, SQL queries and reports to support the needs of the FMS project as well as on-going needs of business owners.
- Work closely with vendor's query and reporting team as well as FISA 's internal reporting organization to ensure a compliant and consistent reporting strategy and environment.
- Provide guidance and leadership to business staff and other FISA staff members in the use of query and reporting tools.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of query and reporting environments.
- Responsible for participating in the design, development, testing, implementation and support of required reporting structures queries and reports to support needs of the FMS project, FISA organization and other involved city agencies.
- Maintain detailed documentation for query and reporting design and development for the FMS project.
- Should be willing to work independently as a self-starter with minimal direction.
- Strong competence in the business Analysis area is required, should be able to perform extensive business requirements analysis / reviews, should be capable of capturing business requirements and write detailed Technical design documents from a reporting and business intelligence perspective - a must have skill.
- Review reports and supporting SQL and other code test scenarios, test scripts, and proactively address any gaps and identify any potential pitfalls - a must have skill.
- Work with the FISA FMS reporting staff to provide detailed insight into improvising processes and build effectiveness as applicable.