Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 06/19/15
The Staff Assistant will provide key services in managing awards administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research, including the Faculty Research Award Program, Conference/Journal, Graduate and Undergraduate student awards. The successful candidate will work with the Office for Sponsored Programs for the establishment of accounts for all awards administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support for the Council on Research (COR) and the subcommittees of the COR.
The Staff Assistant will be expected to work with the Senior Associate for Finance & Administration, in the Office of the Vice President for Research, to determine improvements for the internal award process; to assist with the development and maintenance of written and electronic promotional materials for the Research Division, to work with the Research Division staff to organize research-sponsored events such as the President's Forum; to prepare the Research Division's Annual Report and to provide other administrative support as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting program
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database applications
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Two or more years experience performing administrative services in higher education
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for receipt of applications: July 15, 2015
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- At least three work related references including name, address and a daytime telephone number
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).