Troy, New York - Posted on: Monday 01/27/14
Under minimal supervision this position provides region-wide, advanced technical and consulting services for customers, as required. The FSS will rely on a thorough understanding of products and applications to support Pitney Bowes software and hardware solutions. The FSS must maintain knowledge of Pitney Bowes systems products and possess the skills to apply the knowledge to specific customer applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintains service level of assigned product line. Ensures customer satisfaction through the maintenance of product up time to prescribed levels.
Combines competent functional knowledge of equipment with customer application(s) and use. Plans and coordinates installations through Project Leader and/or Project Manager.
Maintains high level of equipment up time through knowledge of products and customer requirements and applications. Successfully completes company-based training programs and keeps current with applicable technologies through formal education and/or other means. Receives technical guidance from and supports Systems Engineers and Senior Field Systems Specialists. Works directly with senior staff at customer site or in other settings as required. Contributes to revenue growth through solicitation and sales of billable consulting services, parts, labor, EMA's and other programs including supplies, etc. Maintains current knowledge of revenue enhancement opportunities across Sales/Service/Direct Marketing spectrum. Provides added value to customer through recommendation of billable consulting services and upgrade of EMA's or other means: parts, supplies, etc. Protects Mailing Systems revenue by ensuring integrity of metered mail. Understands and maintains statutory requirements of metered mail system with USPS and educates customer of it. Maintains work area, equipment and tools in a safe and working condition. Adheres to all statutory and company mandated safety regulations and informs customers and/or internal staff of any and all concerns Adheres to all statutory and company mandated safety regulations and informs customers and/or internal staff of any and all concerns.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Mid-level programming in VBA, VB, Net or C#.Net, and T-SQL
- Ability to determine systems requirements and configuration
- Ability to determine peripheral communication device parameters
- Ability to recognize product capabilities/limitations
- Ability to analyze hardware and software problems
- Ability to actively solicit and deliver new billable consulting services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Application ( Word, Excel, Access)
- Tools and Utilities Training: Consisting of PCAnywhere, Norton Utilities, Internet Basic Concepts, Netscape, Internet Explorer and TCP/IP
- Working Networking knowledge
- Configuration of Workstations, Operating Systems, Networks (Lan/Wan/Wifi)
- Working Data Communications knowledge
- Strong Communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent listening and observation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience
- Ability to adapt to changing environment in the areas of products and technology, customer personalities and customer knowledge levels
- A valid driver's license
- Ability to transport at least 35 lbs. with or without accommodation
Interested candidates please apply online at: http://pb.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=141655