Albany, New York - Posted on: Monday 09/16/13
The lab technician will be responsible for maintaining a colony of transgenic mice (breeding and genotyping), will perform immunohistochemistry experiments and maintain lab supplies and equipment to conduct research under the supervision of the Pl.
- Perform DNA analysis of transgenic mice with genomic PCR
- Breed transgenic mice to obtain new strains of mutant mice
- Perform immunohistochemistry experiments to confirm the genetic strain of different mouse lines
- Maintain lab equipment in clean and working order
- Keep inventory of lab supplies
- Train new personnel as directed by the lab Pl
- BA/BS degree in Biology from a college or a university accredited by the US Department of Education or equivalent internationally recognized institution
- Previous experience with PCR analysis and immunohistochemistry
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Previous lab experience with mice and Cre/LoxP recombination system
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals