Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 03/31/15
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Training Program Coordinator position.
Description of Duties:
The Training Program Coordinator provides support to the child welfare casework practice and service delivery performance improvement activities of the local departments of social services, voluntary agency providers and the state oversight agency. Working as part of a team of project staff who provide needs assessment, training and technical assistance to support New York State’s child welfare system.
The Training Program Coordinator has a range of responsibilities that include:
1) Assessing the child welfare training needs of local departments of social services, voluntary agency providers, in collaboration with NYS OCFS.
2) Providing coordination of child welfare training and technical assistance projects and/or components of projects as assigned and directed.
3) Consulting with state staff on the training implications of new legislation, regulations, and administrative directives.
4) Conducting research on available resources and best practice models to assist in the development of outcome based training curricula and related training materials for child welfare staff, adolescents in foster care, and foster/adoptive parents of local department of social services (local DSS) and voluntary child caring agencies (agency).
5) Designing, developing, and/or reviewing curricula and formulating recommendations for revisions.
6) Providing guidance to workgroups and curriculum developers on casework practice and OCFS policy content.
7) Monitoring project completion according to sponsor specifications.
8) Providing coaching and technical assistance to OCFS and local DSS/agency staff on the development and implementation of practice and program improvement strategies.
9) This is a full time position. It requires travel throughout NYS and a valid driver’s license. Other duties as assigned to meet program requirements.
10) Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization with a concentration in social work or related field.
11) 4 years’ experience in development and delivery of child welfare services and programs in NYS.
12) Experience in curriculum development for classroom-based and distance learning programs, project management, organization development, and training.
13) Content specific knowledge of public child welfare programs, adolescent and LGBTQ service needs, and supervision in child welfare, knowledge of adult learning principles.
14) Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, constructive relationship with all levels of staff.
15) Demonstrate excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills.
16) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
17) Demonstrated computer proficiency in use of email, electronic calendar, computer templates, work processing, PowerPoint, internet.
18) Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
19) Master’s Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization with a concentration in Social Work.
20) A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the development and delivery of curriculum and/or instructional programs for adults and youth.
21) Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the development and delivery of outcome-based training curricula.
Special Notes: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the high $50s depending on experience. Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 414, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or email to: PDPjobs@albany.edu. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job R14-56. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information. Position open until filled.
Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 414, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or email to: PDPjobs@albany.edu. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job R14-56.