Albany, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 09/17/13
The Bilingual Special Education Training Specialist provides information,training and technical assistance on the referral, assessment, and provision of instruction to culturally and linguistically diverse students with disabilities, with the goal of increasing the implementation of research‐based effective practices and improving outcomes for students with disabilities. The specialist’s work is driven by a regional work plan developed in collaboration with the RSE‐TASC Coordinator and SED.
The RSE‐TASC Bilingual Special Education Specialist will:
- provide information,training and technical assistance on the referral, assessment, and provision of instruction to culturally and linguistically diverse students with suspected and/or identified disabilities, consistent with NYS guidelines and research‐based effective practices;
- provide training and technical assistance to groups of districts that have completed or will be engaging in a self‐review monitoring process required by specific indicators of the SPP relating to disproportion; work with groups of districts to prepare them for the self‐review process; and provide technical assistance to groups of districts with common issues as determined by the self‐review process;
- participate in the meetings and workgroups of the Bilingual Special EducationNetwork, RSE‐TASCNetwork and Region, as required;
- provide reports of work accountability in the time periods and format required;
- travel throughout the CapitalDistrict/North Country Region as needed to fulfill the regional work plan.
Minimum requirements(Must have ALL Three):
1. Master’s Degree and certification in special education or bilingual special education
2. Special Education or related service certification with bilingual education extension
3. Five years experience teaching limited English proficient students with disabilities
- Experience providing professional development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate.