New York, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/27/15
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Web Developer who will provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system (CITYTIME).
Primary Responsibilities include:
Perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime. Work will require strong client-side programming skills, and will be responsible for building out our front-end UI. We are looking for a highly motivated individual
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Experience with JUnit, Jsunit or Selenium testing framework.
• Resolve complex performance issues for AJAX applications.
• Experience working with at least one of the following application servers: JBoss, Tomcat, preferred IBM WebSphere.
• Strong knowledge of Java skills.
• Basic knowledge in using SQL in Oracle.
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 209300. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.