New York, New York - Posted on: Thursday 09/12/13
The SEO Scholars Program is looking for ELA and math instructors who are available to teach on weeknights in the fall semester (September - December). A weekday instructor will typically teach two one-hour classes from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Our classroom approach includes direct instruction and modeling as well as small group/independent work. All instructors are expected to remain flexible in their pedagogy, to create a dynamic learning environment, and to “bring to life” the Scholars Program curriculum. All lessons plans and student handouts are provided by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Can skillfully read, interpret, and implement a one-hour lesson plan
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, oral, and electronic communication skills
- Seeks to work with a diverse staff and high school student population
- Is a graduate/doctoral student with proven excellence in his/her field
- Has high school or college-level teaching experience
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Mathematics, or some related field (Master’s Degree in education and/or New York State Teaching Certification are desired but