To increase the opportunities available to Union students, the Career Center has developed relationships with numerous employers. Several of these employers not only post opportunities through HireU, but also conduct on-campus interviews with selected students.
Recommended Job Search Resources
- HireU- HireU is the Becker Career Center's new job and internship search database. Start by searching in HireU because it contains only positions from alumni and employers who are looking specifically for Union College students; we add to the number and type of opportunities on a weekly basis. If you do not know how to access the opportunities in HireU please stop in to see us or give us a call. (518-388-6176)
- Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN)
The Becker Career Center belongs to a consortium of 28 selective liberal arts colleges to share additional job opportunities with you. These employers are looking specifically to hire students with strong liberal arts degrees. Retrieve your password at the login page.
- LinkedIn- Operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet. Not only is LinkedIn an effective platform for networking with professionals in your career field of interest, but it also allows you to search for internships and full-time job opportunities. To find opportunities of interest, click on the “jobs” tab in the top center of the page. In subheadings, click “Advanced Search” and then in the Experience Section, select, “Internship” or “Entry Level.”
- Going Global - Career and employment resources that include more than 10,000 pages on topics such as: world wide job openings, internship listings, industry profiles and country specific career information, H-1B plus searchable employer database, work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice... and more!. To create an account from off campus login through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Glassdoor - provides an inside look at salaries, reviews and interview questions posted by employees at over 280,000 organizations. Content includes actual interview questions and reviews for specific employers from previous interview candidates; specific salary, bonus, and commission details; and reviews of the company culture and working conditions. Click on this link for unlimited access without having to create an account or provide any content.
- ReferenceUSA - Provides instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 1.5 million Canadian businesses. Research companies, conduct job searches, find news articles; locate business addresses and phone numbers, and more. Current students can access this resource off campus – go through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- The Business Review - Includes access to 40 business journals across the U.S. and automatic updates throughout the day with breaking business news in the Capital Region. Also with Best Places To Work guides; 40 Book of Lists resource books; People on the Move sections; and more. Current students can access this resource off campus – go through Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- Postgraduate Fellowships at Union College
- AIRS Job Board Guide
- The Black Collegian Online
- The Black Perspective
- Capital Alliance of Young Professionals
- Capital Region Consortium Site
- Center for Economic Growth (CEG)
- The Wall Street Journal | Education
- craigslist (Albany region)
- National Employment Minority Network
- Pathways to Science
- Simply Hired
- Job Openings throughout New York State