Always use the artwork from this resource for official Union communications. Do not supply an outside organization, institution or commercial entity with a copy of the Union logo for use without prior approval from a member of the Office of Communications & Marketing.
Make sure that the logo is used correctly. The following figures show some common mistakes.
- Do not simply enlarge JPEG or GIF logo files to get to a desired size. Always reproduce the logo in the highest quality possible. (fig. 1)
- Do not distort, stretch or scale the height and width of the logo unequally. (fig. 2)
- Do not reproduce the logo in low contrast environments. (fig. 3)
- Do not reproduce the logo on complex backgrounds. (fig. 4)
- Do not rotate the logo. (fig. 5)
- Do not use the logo as a background graphic or watermark. Do not use the logo as a read-through element in text or headlines. Do not reproduce the logo with a drop shadow or other graphic effects. Always use the original artwork as provided. (fig. 6)
- Do not use outdated or past versions of the logo. This applies to internal communications, letterhead, memos, e-mails and e-newsletters as well as to external communications. (fig. 7)
- Always used approved artwork from the Office of Communications & Marketing. . Do not “customize” the logo by adding individual office or department names (fig. 8)