Student Handbook - Conduct Code
Violations of the Student Conduct Code subject a student
to disciplinary action. Such violations may include, but are not limited to:
- behavior that threatens or endangers oneself or
the well-being or safety of others, or results in personal injury to others,
- interference with the academic, personal or
social freedom of any member of the College community or guest by verbal abuse,
intimidation, coercion, physical force or any other action.
- interference with the right to personal privacy
of any member of the community.
- abusive or offensive behavior, which includes,
but is not limited to, malicious harassment and/or persecution based on
ethnicity, religion, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
- theft of personal or College property.
- vandalism of personal or College property.
- attempting to enter, actually entering, or using
College facilities or property without proper authorization.
- interference with or obstruction of any
College-sponsored or approved function or activity by engaging in disorderly
- failure to comply with the proper requests of
College officials, including members of the Campus Safety Department, acting in
performance of their duties, or to identify oneself or produce an
identification card to these officials when asked, or to cooperate in an
- furnishing false information to the College or
to a College official; participating in forgery, alteration, or misuse of any
College identification card, record, document, or keys.
- behavior that constitutes a violation of rules,
regulations, or policies specified by College officials, academic departments,
or Student Forum.
- possession or use of any type of firearms,
fireworks, or any other potentially dangerous weapons.
- violation of local, state, or federal laws and
- aiding or abetting, defined as assisting or
encouraging another to engage in conduct constituting a Code violation.
- Any retaliation against any person participating
in the disciplinary process shall be regarded as a separate and distinct cause
for a charge under these proceedings.