2014 Global Public Health and Wellness Symposium: Pursuing Your Passion
The theme for this year's Presidential Forum on Diversity is global public health and wellness. The centerpiece for this effort will be a symposium on careers in public health and wellness on April 25-26, 2014. The program is jointly sponsored by the Presidential Forum on Diversity and the Professor Frederick A. Klemm & Eleanor G. Klemm Fund for International Study and Service.
At the symposium, members of the campus community and in particular, students, will have the opportunity to:
- hear from leading experts including Union alumni - from government, the private sector, academe and non-governmental organizations
- attend panel discussions on careers and opportunities in health and wellness-related fields in the U.S. and overseas;
- take part in career networking sessions with guest speakers; and
- present research posters and projects related to wellness, health and public health issues.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to undertake research or projects on related topics with a goal of present a poster at the symposium. Students, in particular, will gain important presentation experience before the Steinmetz Symposium.
Any number of disciplines and fields lend themselves to research in these areas. Some possible areas include:
- Domestic and international public health
- Health economics
- Community health
- Medical and health psychology, medical anthropology, medical sociology
- Alternative medicine
- Spiritual health
- Art and music therapy
- Mental Health