Appointments are needed for all services provided by the Health Center (except for medication pick-ups). Students may walk-in, but we cannot guarantee an appointment will be available at that time. Health appointments are available Mondays 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. and Tuesdays-Fridays 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. (The Health Center is closed daily from 12 p.m.- 1 p.m.). Call (518) 388-6120 or stop by the front desk to schedule an appointment.
- Late Arrivals: Students who arrive ten minutes (or more) late for an appointment will be asked to reschedule.
- No Show Fee for Angela Stefanatos, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: Unless an appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, a no show fee of $40 for Intake Sessions and $20 for Follow-up Sessions will be billed to students' tuition.
- No Show Fee for Diane Pietrocarlo, Registered Dietician: Unless an appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, a no show fee of $10 for Orientation Sessions or $30 for Individual Sessions will be billed to students' tuition.
- Term Abroad Physicals: There is a $25 fee for the physical to be performed. In addition, unless the appointment is canceled at least 24 hours in advance, we are unable to reschedule a TA physical, due to the high demand of services. Any Term Abroad Physical not canceled 24 hours in advance will be charged a $30 no show fee.
- Students Only: Only currently enrolled undergraduate students are eligible to make appointments. We're sorry, but we cannot treat faculty or staff.
The Wicker Wellness Center does not write notes excusing students from academic/extracurricular responsibilities. Students who are ill/injured should make an appointment to be treated (which creates a record of documentation), and should communicate directly with professors about class absences. Professors can call the Wicker Wellness Center to verify a student was ill (confidential information will not be shared). We will notify the Dean of Students Office of cases in which a student is too ill to attend class, and in turn the Dean of Students Office will notify professors.
Clearance for Transport
Students who have a medical condition requiring temporary transportation to classes should contact the Wicker Wellness Center (be prepared to provide medical records if necessary). Once a student is cleared for transport, we will contact Campus Safety to set up the temporary transportation.
Medical services are confidential by law. Students who wish to have confidential records communicated to a third party (parents, other providers, etc.) must sign a Release of Confidential Information consent form.
**Rare exceptions to this policy include: life threatening situations, when we are served with a court order to release information, or when we are required to release information by law (e.g. to report child or elder abuse).**
In case of a life threatening emergency contact Campus Safety at (518) 388-6911.
If you have a medical emergency, contact the Health Center at (518) 388-6120 or one of the local Emergency Contacts listed on our homepage.
Emergency Transportation: For emergency transportation, or transportation needed due to illness/injury, call Campus Safety. Campus Safety will contact local ambulances/paramedics as needed, or will provide transportation to the Wicker Wellness Center or local hospitals.
Appointments for Health Services are free of charge. However, students are responsible for the cost of medications, lab services, immunizations, and vaccines provided by Health Services. Payment options include: cash, check, or billing tuition. Note: we are no longer accepting credit cards for payment.
We are sorry, but we are unable to bill insurances. Students can, however, request receipts from the Wicker Wellness Center to submit to private insurance plans for reimbursement.
**If tuition is billed, a "Health Services" fee will be shown. Confidential information regarding this fee cannot be released to parents without written consent from the student.**
- Ellis Hospital Costs: Students are responsible for the cost of services provided by Ellis Hospital. These may include emergency services, x-rays, and blood work/laboratory specimens sent to Ellis by The Wicker Wellness Center.
- **Ellis Hospital costs are billed directly to students' home addresses.**
- Flu Shots: Flu shots cost $10 and are automatically billed to students' tuition.
- Lange's Pharmacy Costs: We strongly advise students and parents to review your insurance policy to see if medications obtained through Lange's Pharmacy will be covered by your insurance. Please call Lange's with any questions about coverage.
- Senior Billing Cut-Off Is May 1st: After May 1st, seniors must pay for medications, supplies and services either by cash or credit card.
As part of the Union College Health Requirements, students must provide the Wicker Wellness Center with their health insurance information (this is done through the Student Health Portal). Due to the fact that not all private health insurance plans offer coverage for out-of-network medical services, students have the option to enroll in a student health insurance plan. Enrollment in student health insurance is automatic and will appear on the student account statement along with the Fall term bill in July. If students do not wish to enroll in the student health insurance plan, they will need to waive enrollment online at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. The type of health insurance a student has will not affect his/her ability to be seen at the Wicker Wellness Center.
**Students who fail to complete the online waiver by the Office of Student Account's deadline of August 6, 2016 will automatically be enrolled in the student health insurance plan and will be responsible for the cost.**
Students seeking a medical leave must make an appointment to be seen at the Wicker Wellness Center in order to obtain clearance from our director. Once cleared, our director will contact the Dean of Students.
- Temporary Medical Singles: Students who have a medical condition requiring a temporary medical single room should contact the Wicker Wellness Center (please be prepared to provide medical records if necessary).
- Permanent Medical Singles: Students who have a medical condition requiring a permanent medical single room must contact the Residential Life Office.
Students seeking special living accommodations for medical reasons must contact the Residential Life Office.
Students that have medical or dental appointments or need to pick up medication at a local pharmacy within 1 mile of campus have the privilege of being driven to and from their appointments by Campus Safety. If transportation is needed for a medical or dental appointment further than the 1 mile from campus, students can utilize a taxi service paid for by Health Services. Students must call Health Services no later than 4 p.m. the day before their appointment to arrange for this service. For more information, please read our full policy here.