Skip to content
Professional School Application Overview
January-April of the Year Prior to Admission:
May and June
- Initiate your centralized application using a professional sounding email account.
- Attend the Mandatory Health Professions Office May Information Meeting. (See BlackBoard) Complete the application carefully. 2012 May Meeting
- Wait until you see your MCAT/DAT/OAT/GRE/PCAT score before submitting applications!
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the centralized application service.
- Submit your application to the application service and print two copies including your designated school list. (one for our office, one for your records)
- Maintain a tracking system for managing primary and secondary applications, checks, and status of your application
- Turn in a copy of your submitted official application and school list to Jennifer in Bailey Hall 101. Include a one page formal update letter if your committee review was done before the current year.
- Complete and return all secondary applications you receive from schools within a two week time frame.
Committee letters will be sent to schools on a rolling basis - earlier is better. Note: successful applicants typically complete their primary application by mid-June and their secondary applications by August. Do not wait until the fall term - this is when you could be interviewing!