As an exchange student at Union College, you will have the opportunity to join our vibrant campus community and develop new skills, perspectives and friendships that will last a lifetime. Our campus community values its international visitors and welcomes the unique perspective that you will bring to this campus.
Applications are due on March 22, 2013 for the fall of 2013.
Due to rigorous U.S. regulations regarding international students, we at Union College must have clear and specific documentation in place to protect students during their stay here. Exchange students should first print the checklist below to use as a guide in their application process.
Application for Exchange (Union's calendar is composed of terms, also known as trimesters, which are three ten-week periods during each academic year - one from September to November, one from January to March, and one from April to June)
- One Term Exchange (fall or winter or spring) (pdf)
- One Term Exchange - University of Antwerp students (fall) (pdf)
- Two Term Exchange - IESEG, Lille students (fall/winter) (pdf)
- Three Term Exchange (one academic year – fall, winter and spring) (pdf)
- Language Assistant, Non Fulbright
- Language Assistant, Fulbright
- AFCA Form - Leave the ID section blank. The International Programs office will complete this for you.
- Course Registration Form (pdf)
- Housing Preference Form (pdf)
- Guide to Health Forms (pdf)
- Required Health Insurance - all students must have this insurance. You will be automatically charged for this insurance or the fee will be waived, dependent on the terms of exchange between Union College and your home institution.
Plan ahead! U.S. consulates and embassies suggest two months for J-1 student visa processing, and all students must be interviewed in person before the visa is issued.
International "New Student" Information on Immigration and Travel preparations