Receipt of Deposit
To confirm your place in the program, you must pay a $350 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at the cashier's office in McKean House (generally due two weeks after your provisional acceptance). McKean is located behind Golub House. Please note that the cashier's office closes at 3:00 p.m. and is closed between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m.
Please bring the receipt to the International Programs Office, Old Chapel, Third Fooor.
The following forms and documents are due in the International Programs Office shortly after your first orientation.
- Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Application for International Student Identity Card
- Australia, Brazil or Ireland Behavior Agreement - Behavior Agreement for fall terms to Australia, Brazil, Ireland and Vietnam
- Vietnam Behavior Agreement
- Blogging Agreement (optional)
- Code of Conduct
- Flight Arrangements Form: Only for fall term programs to Australia, Brazil, Ireland or Vietnam
- Health and Medical Information (See below for the appropriate form if you are going on a fall term to Australia, Brazil, Ireland or Vietnam)
- Fall term to Australia - Medical Form
- Fall term to Brazil, Ireland or Vietnam - Medical Form
- Independent Study Abroad (ISA) Course Approval Form
- Non-Union Couse Approval Form
A copy of your passport's biographical page – If you do not have a current passport, please see Travel Documents.
- Union: For all mini-terms and full terms going Argentina, Belgium, Cambodia, China, Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, National Health Systems, Spain, Turkey and Uruguay
- PGE: For fall term programs to Australia, Brazil, Ireland and Vietnam
- Non-Union: Programs not affiliated with Union College
- View a Sample of how to complete
- Self-Identification Form
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Tuition and Credit Guidelines – Needed only for programs in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, France (Rennes), Greece, Ireland, Japan and Vietnam.
Union college International Programs (Study Away) Withdrawal Policy
Should you decide not to participate in your chosen program, you need to let the International Programs office know in writing as soon as possible, since there may be applicants on a wait list who wish to enroll in your place. For those students who withdraw in the period between 60 days before the start date for their program and the start date for their program, those students may be held responsible for a withdrawal fee in accordance with the schedule for Union College’s International Programs (Study Away) Withdrawal Policy, found in the Academic Register.
Students who do not plan to return to Union College for the term in which they were to study away must notify the Dean of Students Office in writing. Neither failure to pre-schedule or register, non-payment of the term bill, nor a request for a transcript constitute official notice of withdrawal or leave of absence.