*The IEG Committee will begin meeting during the week of 9/15*
Intellectual Enrichment Grants
IEG grants are awarded to proposals aimed at enhancing our student's intellectual experience outside the classroom. Many types of events and opportunities can be funded through IEG and all members of the campus community are invited to apply. Proposals should focus on creating significant experiences with academic, intellectual, or cultural merit. Purely social events with no intellectual/academic/cultural aspects will not be considered.Fall Meeting Dates (TBD)
Tips for increasing your chances of getting approved for an IEG
- Be as thorough as possible! Include specific details - if it is for a class, include the name of the course, how many students are in it and how what you are proposing connects to the intellectual aspects of the coursework. For your budget, please break it down as much as possible.
- Plan out your event in detail and submit an application well in advance of the actual date the event is happening – the better thought out and detailed your proposal is, the more likely you are to receive funding.
- Articulate (in great detail) the ways in which your proposed idea is intellectually enriching for students outside of the classroom. This is the most important detail upon which we base our funding.
- If you have been approved for a grant in the past please submit a new proposal and include all relevant information as if the committee has never heard of your past proposal. Our committee members change from year to year and aren't always aware of what has been done or approved in the past.
- Apply to and investigate other sources of funding i.e. Student Activities, Student Clubs, Minervas, UNITAS, Residential Life, et cetera.
Tips for making your event a great success
- Work with Student Activities and the Office of Residential Life – they often have contacts and ways to increase cost effectiveness of the program.
- Plan your event several weeks in advance – to give yourself time to advertise and obtain necessary funding.
- Work with Dean of Students’ office and other sponsoring partners to plan event.
Types of Disbursements
Dining Services – In order to book your event with Dining Services, you must receive a quote to attach to your proposal and provide Dining Services with the IEG number given with approval for IEG funding.
Transfer of Funds – You can submit an account number to the office of the Dean of Students and funds will be transferred. Stipulations regarding this form of disbursement require that exact amounts can be provided and receipts obtained.
Credit Cards – Credit cards will be available for students to use in paying for the necessary expenditures necessary for successful completion of the event. All original receipts and credit cards must be returned 24hours after receiving them.