Union College's Planning & Priorities Group is now accepting project grant proposals. Two types of grants are available: planning grants and implementation grants.
- Planning grants: facilitate project planning activities such as retreats, attending conferences or consulting outside experts.
- Implementation grants:
- Contribute to one of more of the 27 main projects identified for implementation: see the Stategic Plan Nexus site for details
- Indicate how project success will be measured and observed
- Indicate how the project will be continued beyond the proposed grant funding - if appropriate
- Focus on funding priorities other than compensation
- Involves activities that are not eligible for other sources of College funding
- To apply, send a brief one-page description and budget for the proposed project to the senior staff member who heads your responsibility area by Apr. 15. Project awards will be made in Jun. and funds will be made available in Jul.
THE 2013 STRATEGIC PLAN
The 2013 Strategic Plan will further Union's mission as a scholarly community that educates students to be engaged, innovative and ethical contributors to an increasingly diverse, global and technologically complex society.
The plan represents the collective vision of the Union community in how to best build on our strengths to make the College a distinctive and continually improving institution. Just as we did in 2007, we have divided the plan into foundational elements and differentiators that provide a clear and compelling path to ensure that Union remains the college of choice for highly qualified students, faculty and staff.
- Academic Quality
- The Learning Environment
- Sustainable Stewardship of Resources
- An Academic Village that Reflects the Diversity of the World
- Integrative Thought and Action for the 21st Century
- A Distinctive Past Connected to an Innovative and Creative Future
Highlights of the 2013 Strategic Plan can be viewed through the lens of three essential components of a Union College education: the ability to think, connect and act.