The Strategic Plan for Union College was officially adopted by the Board of Trustees in February of 2007. It represents the hard work and best thinking of many members of the Union community, including faculty, students, staff, alumni, and trustees. The plan articulates a clear strategic vision and outlines the means to achieve it. It is the blueprint that guides the College's decision-making and implementation efforts.
In 2012, a campus-wide effort was begun to revisit and update the plan to ensure it would continue to guide the College toward the fulfillment of its educational mission. This effort is expected to be completed in 2013.
The Strategic Plan focuses on three primary foundational elements and three key differentiators critical to Union's identity and mission.
- Academic quality, supported by challenging programs, innovative research, outstanding faculty, and integrated learning opportunities.
- An optimal learning environment characterized by mutual respect among all segments of the campus community.
- Wise stewardship of resources and investments to support sustainability and preservation of assets.
- We are global and diverse within the context of an intimate and close-knit community.
- We are committed to further integrating engineering with the liberal arts.
- We seek to inspire innovation, using our past as a source of inspiration.