Spring Break Housing

The last day of finals is Thursday, March 19, 2015. As a resident student, you are required to vacate the residence hall within 24 hours of your last final exam. All residence halls officially close on Friday, March 20, 2015 at 12pm SHARP!  All residence halls will open again on Sunday, March 29, 2015 at noon, and no earlier. 


ALL students living on campus (halls, themes, greeks, minervas, and apartments) must do the following:

  • Attend a mandatory closing process meeting with your Resident Advisor (RA), Apartment Manager, House Manager, or House Coordinator regarding closing procedures.
  • All permanent move outs, or room changes (e.g. graduation, study abroad, etc.) must be completed BEFORE you leave for spring break! Sign up with your RA or housing manger to check out of your room, or complete and turn in an Express Check Out form (available in ResLife - Reamer 409, or at Campus Safety). Fines for not checking out properly include an Improper Check out fee ($50), and a key replacement fee ($50) for not returning your key. 
  • Unplug EVERYTHING in your room (refrigerators can stay plugged in). 
  • Discard any perishable food items.
  • Clean your room and remove any trash (put trash in dumpsters).
  • Lock windows and close the blinds/shades.
  • Leave thermostats at 70 degree (if applicable). 
  • Take home all valuables.
  • Turn off all lights.
  • Lock doors.
  • Complete and sign the Check-Out door tag (and leave it taped to your door).
  • Vacate the room within 24 hours of last exam.

 ***Residential Staff will be checking rooms for compliance after your departure. ***

 Break Housing 
If you need to stay late (anything past 24 hours after your last final, or past 12pm on 3/20/15), or need to stay for any part of spring break, you must submit a break housing form online here.  

Students (including international and exchange students) must complete a break form to stay late, or to reside on campus during winter break. Athletes on sports teams are sponsored by the Athletic Department and are not required to submit a break form. International students must also notify the Office of Student Support Services about your plans to stay over break. 

If you have any questions regarding fall closing procedures or winter break housing, please talk to your RA, House Manager, Residence Director, or call our office at 518.388.6117