Winter Break Housing:
The deadline for winter break housing applications has passed and the process has been closed. If for any reason you still need housing for a portion of the break, please email Housing@union.edu.
- Please note that unless you recieve approval you will not be permitted to stay in your Union housing assignment until after the break (Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 12pm).
- For athletes on Winter sports teams, these students are sponsored by the Athletic Department. Athletes are not required to submit a Winter Break Housing Application.
- For international students, you must also notify the Office of Student Support Services about your plans to stay over the break.
In addition, ALL resident students must do the following:
Attend a mandatory closing process meeting with your Resident Advisor (RA), Apartment Manager, House Manager, or House Coordinator regarding closing procedures.
- For all room changes or permanent move-outs (i.e. graduation, study abroad, etc.), all room changes must be completed before the resident leaves for the Winter break. No exceptions! Sign-up with the RA (or housing staff member) to check-out of your room, or complete and turn in an Express Check-Out Form, which is available in the Residential Life main office, Reamer 409. Otherwise, possible fines can include $50.00 Improper Check-Out fee, $50.00 key replacement fee for not submitting an Express Check-Out Form and/or not returning your room key.
- Unplug EVERYTHING including the refrigerator.
- Defrost the refrigerator (the inside needs to be completely dry!) and discard any perishable food items.
- Clean room and remove any trash (put trash in dumpsters).
- Lock windows and close the blinds/shades.
- Leave thermostats at 70 degree (if applicable).
- Take home all valuables.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock doors.
- Complete and sign the Check-Out door tag (and leave it taped to your door).
- Vacate the room within 24 hours of last exam.