What is the Scholars Program?
At Union College, we offer all of our students an excellent, well-rounded liberal arts education. Additionally, the Union College Scholars Program is a rigorous academic program offered to a select group of outstanding incoming students. Scholars are selected at the time of admission and given the opportunity to pursue an accelerated and challenging curriculum structure. Scholars are fully integrated into college life, often serving as mentors and tutors to their peers.
The basic requirements of the Scholars Program are to prepare the scholars for challenging opportunities, both inside and outside Union. Our philosophy is to lay the groundwork for these students and provide the support for each scholar to springboard to his or her greatest potential.
News & Events:
For our latest news, please see our Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/UnionCollegeScholarsProgram. Please check out our Kudos section for recent announcements of Scholars' accomplishments.
- 9/18: Book club with Prof. Danowski ("The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot)
- 10/1: Eileen Fischer ’81 (co-sponsors with Sexual Assault Awareness Committee)
- 10/8: French Etiquette dinner with Prof. Batson.
- 10/18: John Calvin Toll Day service project
- 10/30: Halloween Discussion with Prof. Bidoshi (co-sponsors with Russian Club)
- Scholars Steering Committee Meetings: Fridays 1 p.m. in Sorum Seminar Room.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Director, Maggie Tongue, at 518 388 8311.