Sunday, June 16, 2019: The weather decision has been made. The “HEAVY RAIN PLAN” is in effect. See details below.
In normal circumstances, we use Fair Weather plan - i.e. the ceremony will be held outdoors and no tickets are required. In case of heavy rain, the ceremony will be held in the Memorial Field House and tickets are required. Please read below for more details.
Weather plans for commencement day are also available by calling (518) 388-8373 for a voice message that morning starting at 8:00 a.m.
Fair weather or light rain
Ceremony will be held in Roger Hull Plaza in front of Schaffer Library beginning at 10 a.m. Guests may wish to bring umbrellas. Ponchos will be available for students at their seats.
- Guest seating: Outdoor seating available in Roger Hull Plaza in front of Schaffer Library (no ticket required). The ceremony may also be viewed via streaming in Reamer Campus Center Auditorium, Karp Hall (Room 002, 004, 005) and Lippman Hall (Room 012, 014, 016 and 017).
- Graduates: Assemble on Terrace Lane near the Blue Gate no later than 8:45 a.m. Look for signs in alphabetical order based on your last name. A marshal will give you a “Line-up-and-Seating Card.”
- Pipers: Assemble on Terrace Lane near the Blue Gate no later than 8:45 a.m.
- Platform party: Assemble in Everest Lounge by 9:00 a.m.
- Faculty: Assemble in Yulman Theater by 9:00 a.m.
The ceremony will be held in Memorial Field House.
- Guest seating: Due to limited seating, guests must have tickets to enter the House. All tickets will be mailed to students' campus mail box by the end of May. Students should check their campus mailboxes for tickets after June 1. Additional guests will be seated in the adjacent Messa Rink and view the ceremony on a big screen. The ceremony can also be viewed via streaming online by electronic devices.
- Graduates: Go straight to the Memorial Field House by 9:15 a.m. Find your seats at the front and be seated. There will be no procession for students.
- Faculty: Go straight to the Memorial Field House and find your seats at the front between 9:15 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. There will be no procession for faculty. Empty seats in the faculty area will be open to the general public after 9:45 a.m. You may use the basement of the Field House for robing (enter the basement via the entrance at the right-hand side of the Field House. Look for signage). No breakfast will be served.
- Platform party and piper: Go straight to the Viniar Athletic Center, which is at the back of the Memorial Field House. Robing will be in the Joel Fischer Board Room in the Viniar Center. Academic procession will start at 9:55 a.m.
- Disability parking and seating: Disability parking lot is located behind the Viniar Athletic Center. Only cars which carry the disability parking tag provided by DMV will be allowed. Disability seating (special tickets needed) will be at the reserved area (look at signs when you arrive) in Memorial Field House.