Union College will be hosting an overnight college preview program for high-achieving students from diverse backgrounds. This program is designed to allow students to learn more about our academic offerings; give them an authentic view of what life can be like at Union; and provide opportunities to engage with current students, faculty and administrators. Because we understand that traveling may pose a significant financial burden for many families, the College will cover the entire cost of the trip, including transportation and meals.
2020 Program Dates: To Be Determined
ANTICIPATED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
To Be Determined
- High school senior in fall 2020.
- B+ average or above in core high school courses (English, History, Math, Science, World Language).
- Enrollment in challenging courses (Honors, AP, IB).
- If applicable, New York State Regents Exam average of 80+, with ELA score of 80+, and no Regents score below 65.
- 1170 or higher SAT score, or 25 or higher ACT composite score. Submission of these test scores is optional.
- Genuine interest in learning more about Union's academic and community experience.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Completed application form (To Be Announced)
The selection committee will prioritize students from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Students of color, first-generation college-bound students and low-income students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Students selected to participate in the program must submit Union's Overnight and Treatment Consent Form and Transportation Agreement prior to their visit. The Transportation Agreement may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (518) 388-6986.
Additionally please plan to bring the following items:
Pillow, sleeping bag or sheets/comforter, towel, shower shoes, toiletries, change of clothes, device chargers, once piece of luggage and spending money for any incidental purchases.