Union College will be hosting two college preview programs for high-achieving students from diverse backgrounds. These programs are designed to allow students to learn more about our academic offerings; give them an authentic view of what life can be like at Union; and provide opportunities to engage with current students, faculty and administrators. These programs will be offered virtually in 2020.
See below for application requirements and program details.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.
Both programs will follow Union’s Virtual Open House on each date (10:00 am – Noon).
Anticipated Schedule of Events (12:50-2:30 pm):
- 12:50 pm: Welcome
- 12:55 pm: Key Partners, Student Engagement and Support Panel
- 1:15 pm: Financial Aid Awareness Session
- 1:30 pm: Alumni Perspectives and Outcomes
- 1:55 pm: Student-to-Student Sessions
- 2:15 pm: Final Q&A and Next Steps
- High school senior in fall 2020.
- B+ average or above in core high school courses (English, History, Math, Science, World Language).
- Enrollment in challenging courses (Honors, AP, IB).
- If applicable, New York State Regents Exam average of 80+, with ELA score of 80+, and no Regents score below 65.
- If taken: competitive testing in the 1170 or higher SAT score, or 25 or higher ACT composite score ranges. Submission of these test scores is optional.
- Genuine interest in learning more about Union's academic and community experience.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- GTKU Application, including short answer question (50-100 words): Why are you interested in Union College?
- Monday, October 5, 5:00 pm Eastern Time, for October 12 program
- Wednesday, November 4, 5:00 pm Eastern Time, for November 11 program
The selection committee will prioritize students from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. BIPOC students, first-generation college-bound students and low-income students are particularly encouraged to apply.