Union College will be hosting an overnight college preview program for high-achieving students from diverse backgrounds. This program is designed to allow students to learn more about our academic offerings; give them an authentic view of what life can be like at Union; and provide opportunities to engage with current students, faculty and administrators. Because we understand that traveling may pose a significant financial burden for many families, the College will cover the entire cost of the trip, including transportation and meals.
This year's program dates will be October 13-14, 2019.
ANTICIPATED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Sunday, October 13
- 3:30 pm Check-In at Grant Hall Admissions Center
- Campus Tour
- Dinner and Student Life Panel
- Social Activity
Monday, October 14
- Union's Fall Open House (detailed schedule TBA)
- 3:00 pm Departure
- High school senior in fall 2019.
- B+ average or above in core high school courses (English, History, Math, Science, World Language).
- Enrollment in challenging courses (Honors, AP, IB).
- If applicable, New York State Regents Exam average of 80+, with ELA score of 80+, and no Regents score below 65.
- 1170 or higher SAT score, or 25 or higher ACT composite score. Submission of these test scores is optional.
- Genuine interest in learning more about Union's academic and community experience.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Completed application form submitted by September 22, 2019. The application will be available here on August 1, 2019.
The selection committee will prioritize students from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Students of color, first-generation college-bound students and low-income students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Students selected to participate in the program must submit Union's Overnight and Treatment Consent Form prior to their visit and should also plan to bring the following items:
Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, towel, shower shoes, toiletries, change of clothes, spending money, device chargers, homework.