The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for an Application Support Analyst.
Reporting directly to FISA's Financial Systems Director of Job Administration, the Application Support Analyst will perform a set of production and non-production support activities. The primary role of the Application Support Analyst is to:
• Perform Tier 2 production support for FMS supported production applications. The primary system to be supported will be accounting, budget, and procurement systems; running on Java based multi-tiered distributed application platform, using z/OS, AIX, Oracle, WebSphere etc.
• Investigate production issues and document problems using Clear Quest and/or other software reporting tool.
• Review changes to production job flows and communicate modifications to the job submission team.
• Verify the accuracy of software migrations to non-production and production.
• Support testing environments by ensuring scheduler, batch processes, cycle flows are setup as well as run and troubleshoot problems during testing.
The Application Support Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• Participate in the processing of a daily batch cycle on one or more FISA production systems by performing quality assurance checks at critical points in the job flow and gathering management metrics for production executions.
• Coordinate with production control and operational counterparts including DBA, Operations, and Tech Support
• Provide rapid response to problems, solving or escalating the problem as necessary
• Write and/or review operational procedures
• Document operational problems following standards and procedures
• Create and execute procedures to verify that software components were successfully and completely migrated to production
• Set up and/or review jobs and scripts
• Coordinate the use of testing environments including their configuration and data content
• Assist the testing staff with resolution of issues and running shell scripts and JCL jobs
• Report on the status of problems at daily production review meetings
The Application Support Analyst will operate within a team that includes 2-3 Job Administration analysts. This is intended to facilitate the communication between the Level 1 escalation (from the Job Administration Analyst) to the L2 escalation (the Application Support Analyst). As necessary, the Application Support analyst might be required to perform Job Administration duties as well- as directed by the Director of the Job Administration team.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Strongly preferred - Experience with Advantage Financial applications
• Strong to moderate experience in AIX/Unix including scripting and debugging shell scripts
• Strong to moderate experience in Oracle database
• Moderate experience in JAVA/Unix/Websphere based distributed systems environment.
• Familiar with scheduling concepts and processing of Job Streams across multiple platforms.
• Experience in MVS /z/OS JCL and utilities a plus.
- Experience as a production support analyst involved in troubleshooting system business issues.
- Experience working on AIX/Unix platform performing activities involving setting up or running batch processes / cycle flows.
- Experience working on a mainframe platform performing activities involving setting up or running batch processes/ cycle flows.
- Extensive years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler,
batch processes, and cycle flows.
- Extensive years experience providing production support and issue resolution as a business or technical analyst
7:30pm - 8:00am 3 days per week.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #349524. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.