The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for an Application Support Technician working in the Application Support group to support the ongoing production maintenance of the PeopleSoft based HR and Benefits system - NYCAPS (New York City Automated Personnel System as well as CityTime, and the payroll and pension payroll systems. Responsibilities include troubleshooting file transmission problems with various file transfer partners; setting up new business partners in the Sterling Integrator file repository system; ensuring that the operational support and production control functions are efficient, correct, and conform to agency operational standards; monitor software products for operational alerts' providing rapid response to problems; coordinating effectively with production control and operational counterparts; ensure the highest level of application availability to the end users. S/he will be required to document operational problems following standards and procedures. The selected candidate will be required to write UNIX scripts and use BPML (Business Process Modeling Language) to support the transfer of files between internal systems and end-user systems. S/he will also work with vendor supplied operational and production control staff, setting up and scheduling jobs and scripts, quality controlling the inputs and outputs, and reviewing written operational procedures. S/he will assist testers as needed and resolve operational problems during development and testing as well as production.
• Experience with UNIX, including writing scripts; shell scripting (KSH)
• Experience with Sterling Integrator
• Programming experience in a mainframe or UNIX business application
• Experience with PGP encryption
• Experience with the file transfer protocols SFTP and FTPS
• Experience with BPML (Business Process Modeling Language), preferably within Sterling Integrator (also known as IBM Sterling B2B Integrator)
• Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Experience with job submission and scheduling procedures and monitoring tools
• Experience with PeopleSoft, including People Tools Process Scheduler
• Experience with Rational Suite, including Clear Quest
• Experience with CONNECT: Direct
• Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a government environment
• Knowledge of MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF
• Experience with Java programming and builds
Hours/Shifts: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Depending upon business needs, after-hours on-site coverage may be required, including nights and weekends. Although the position will initially be 9 a.m. to 5p.m, an alternate work schedule, including weekends, may be implemented in the future.
Residency Requirement: New York City Residency is not required for this position.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #373350. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.