The University at Albany, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, is searching for a qualified applicant to fill the role of Assistant Director of Event Management and Operations. The position's duties will include, but are not limited to: administering and assisting with the set-up and break down of all home contests and outside facility rentals; hiring and supervision of all event staff including student workers; assisting with the planning, scheduling, maintenance and supervision of athletic facilities and events; serving as a facility administrator covering outside rentals; and serving as the game day administrator representing the athletic department at assigned contests and/or events; serve as tournament director for assigned post season championships.
The University at Albany is a NCAA Division I institution that competes in the America East Conference. Football is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous work experience managing facilities
- Strong event organizational skills, including scheduling, planning and maintenance
- A minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends required.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous work experience managing athletic facilities
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Start Date: August 2018
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 9, 2018
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of references