The successful candidate will provide support for the departmental teaching labs enrolling over 2,000 students annually. This includes providing reagents and equipment for the organic chemistry lab which enrolls nearly 800 students each year. The Chemistry Lab Associate will help maintain a large chemical and equipment inventory for the Department's teaching labs. This position involves overseeing teaching assistants, work study students and, at times, working directly with students. This position has a 12-month obligation.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Candidates must possess chemistry knowledge required to independently handle chemicals in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required to work in this fast paced environment.
- Candidates must be willing to work some evening hours and weekends when necessary.
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Instructional Support Associate, SL-2 - $40,000
Special Notes: Current work hours are: 9 AM - 5 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and 1:30 to 9:30 PM on Monday and Thursday. Saturday hours and schedule changes are possible to meet enrollment demands. This is a calendar year (12 month) position.
Please apply by July 26 online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=99056
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three references