The University at Albany's Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) is seeking a Copywriter who is a strategic thinker, can brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and produce thoughtful messaging across all marketing channels (print, digital, social, outdoor, etc.). The Copywriter is responsible for conceptualizing and executing against marketing strategies and should be adept at writing persuasive, compelling copy that motivates and inspires the target to take a desired action. In addition to writing to various audiences, the writer is expected to craft copy for a variety of disciplines, including direct, digital, social media and promotional.
- Manage, lead and coordinate multiple writing and editing projects simultaneously while ensuring projects are completed on time and in accordance with university standards
- Gather background information for student, alumni, and faculty focused stories and translate into easy to understand, consumer-focused copy
- Work with other team members to create marketing campaigns for different entities across campus
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Develop web copy that is SEO compliant and written for specific audiences
- Work with art director to develop compelling ad copy for future campaigns
- Provide copy editing to documents as necessary
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized organization
- 3+ years' experience writing copy, preferably in an advertising/marketing agency
- Demonstrated expertise of copywriting in the form of a digital portfolio which showcases ability to write in a variety genres, styles, and tones in order to appeal to a variety of demographics and target markets. Mediums should include print, web, digital, radio/TV and social media.
- Ability to write concise and grammatically correct copy and communicate clearly with management, associates and clients
- Ability to manage, lead and coordinate multiple writing and editing projects simultaneously, ensuring projects are completed on time
- Ability to gather background information and translate into easy to understand, consumer-focused copy
- Experience with web markup language and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Experience in a nonprofit or higher education environment
Please apply online by July 27 via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=98731
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Portfolio of produced marketing and communication concept writing examples
- Names and contact information for three references