Catalant, Boston, MA
Catalant’s technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalant’s best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalant’s AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
The Legal Team at Catalant is a lean, solution-oriented team that works closely with every function in the organization. We’re looking for a resourceful self-starter to join us and roll up their sleeves to help get things done. If you are looking to be in an impactful role with tremendous growth opportunities, this position is for you!
The right candidate is detail-oriented, excels at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly and persuasively, and is able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs. This person takes pride in their judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts, including licensing agreements, vendor agreements, non disclosure agreements and professional services agreements
- Work closely with members of the business and legal teams to develop and improve agreement templates, processes, and procedures that will help the business scale
- Provide sales support, education and training
- Manage compliance functions/third party vendors, including background check provider and independent contractor evaluation process
- Support expansion of Catalant’s domestic and international workforce (new office openings, registration in new jurisdictions, engagement with PEOs, and visas)
- Develop, implement and manage contract and document management strategies (including managing current filing system and assessing smart contract and related technology options)
- Assist with other legal matters across multiple topic areas (Other areas that would be helpful: open source software licensing, trademark protection, privacy/GDPR, money transmission, venture financing, international tax)
- Counsel and educate teams on negotiation best practices, commercial implications and legal risks across various business lines
What you’ll bring:
- JD required, admission to practice in the United States
- 3+ years experience at top-tier firm or in-house, SaaS contracting experience required
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of different teams
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical and legal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with the business to create solutions
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible