The Customer Service Manager will coordinate and participate in the deployment of customer service activities related to the Registrar's Office. This includes service in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, web development, and liaising with vendors on products and services to ensure efficient and effective customer service. The successful candidate will ensure adequate coverage for all avenues of communication at all times. The Customer Service Manager will also serve as one of three supervisory point people for all customer service related activities.
In conjunction with other Customer Service Managers, the successful candidate will develop and maintain a customer service plan for faculty, staff, students and alumni, ensuring that office staff are appropriately trained in working with these constituents and the software programs utilized by the office.
Work with Associate Registrars and Assistant Registrars to ensure:
- Proper staff training for all customer service venues
- Adequate training pertaining to matters of degree audit, scheduling, final exams, grading, transcripts, academic records, vendor products and services, enrollment verification, degree verification, University policy and procedures, etc.
- Work closely with other area of the University to ensure seamless and inclusive service to all that visit or seek the services of the Registrar's Office
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Demonstrate experience working in a college/university Registrar's Office or in an office with parallel functions
- Candidates must address in their application 3 areas of expertise they possess which they have gained from employment in a college/university Registrar's Office or in an office with parallel functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technologies related to a college/university Registrar's Office
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with diverse populations of students, staff, faculty, alumni, and external community members
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, administrative, communication, leadership, decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive environment both in an office and across units
- Demonstrated innovative use of software and technology to achieve efficiencies and goals
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Master's Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience with an Integrated Administrative System
- Experience with University policies and procedures, data analysis, and revenue reconciliation
Please apply online by August 1 via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=99335
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three references